Saturday, October 5, 2013

Heavy Sigh ! OMHeck! Life is SO busy!!

Well, it's been eons since I have even TOUCHED anything upholstery or slipcover related. THAT is fixin to change my friends! I am geared up & ready to go! As soon as I return from Autin TX that is. Daughter #1 put her house up for sale after securing a job in Austin, it sold in 4 days. I am driving with her to help her move. Daughter #2 (after graduating in May with her masters degree in Speech Language Pathology) secured a job about an hour and a half away. SHE moved on the weekend of the 14th (Sept). We did that moving too! I am getting too old for this you know! I have bought an industrial walking foot sewing machine Juki L153 I think. I don't feel like running down stairs to figure it out! And I bought a 5 thread Wilcox & Gibbs serger. I am set to go on the upholstery & slipcover adventures. I also have a small air compressor & a small pnuematic stapler that I bought from an upholstery supply house. I even bought a button maker! Turns out that you CAN NOT use a snap press for the button dies to make covered buttons. Oh Well. More toys! Sam

1 comment: